Posted on 01st April 2015
Here are some pointers:
1. Lighten up. Make sure any dark areas under the eyes are concealed. Glasses will create a shadow so any dark areas will appear even darker, so go all out on an under eye concealer and a dab of highlighter.
2. Complement your glasses. If you’ve gone for a bright frame like these shocking pink ones from William Morris, then consider a more subtle eye shadow. Don’t make your frames compete with your eye shadow. Save any colour for your lips, not your eyes and always remember that any colour should work with your frames.
3. Frame your frames. Define the area around your glasses, paying particular attention to your eyebrows. Ensure your brows are in good shape. Tweeze, comb and define.
4. Highlight your cheekbones with a spot of rouge as people will be drawn to the area around your frames.
5. It’s all about the curl. Your lashes are on show so make them look their best. Curling will also stop long lashes touching your glasses, avoiding any unsightly mascara smudges on your lenses.
And for those days when you want to go all out on the eye shadow, give occasional wear contact lenses a try!
21st November 2019
We have vast experience in treating ocular surface disease, known as ‘dry eye’ disease or ‘watery eyes’ and have now created a specialist clinic for those suffering with the condition. So many...Read more